Friday, April 29, 2011

Prom Today

Songs of the Day:
Jason Derülo
Dvořák


Well, prom's today and that's a scary thought. It's my first time, and I can't wait. I'll be going with my lovely girlfriend Katie DB. If you want the details, just read her blog.
I went out to her grandparent's house which is, like Katie said, out in the boonies. Just driving down their driveway though, you get a sense of how beautiful the place is. You follow the twists and turns through the woods until you can tell you're getting closer to the house. Flowers are blooming everywhere and the air feels alive. I went out on their porch when I was there, and I was speechless at the view. The house overlooks a shallow valley that is heavily landscaped. I'm told that there were around 600 trees in addition to the many already there before the mother's day tornadoes a while back. Now, the effect of the valley is magnified because of the tall trees on the surrounding hills.
We're having dinner and camping in one of the many gardens, and I'm about to leave to help set up right now. It'll be beautiful and fun.

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment