Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My quest to learn how to tie a bow-tie.


It's either a lot harder than it looks, or I'm just uncoordinated...


It's probably the latter rather than the former. I need to go ahead and learn how to do this before Friday, senior breakfast. So now I'm consulting several tutorials and infographic charts...
We'll see how this goes. Hopefully, it'll go well because I love bow-ties and want to try to 'pull it off'.

My first couple of tries were rather unsuccessful...
My first tutorial was this one by monkeyseevideos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws0g31zufr0

The guy in the video seems pretty dapper and know's what he's talking about. He uses a pretty simple and quick method, but the video is a bit too quick for me... I'm a slow learner, especially when it comes to tying knots (I was a terrible boy scout)

The next video came from Howcast (a personal favorite), the providers of many how to services to men like the 'How to Undo Her Bra with One Hand' video, the 'How to Tell Real Breasts from Fake" video and many more.
This video was very interesting but I was a little distracted...
Here is "How to Tie a Bow Tie (with Playboy)": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbvjaUGiM4A&feature=fvsr

Finally, I checked out the aptly named "How to Tie a Bow Tie" from Howdini: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vui9Lzg7o_Q&NR=1&feature=fvwp

In the end I was despaired and kept messing up. The end part, where you make a second bow with the short end of the tie, was confusing. But eventually...

Success...



1 comment: